A busy fertility practice with multiple locations in the San Francisco Bay Area is looking for a skilled Insurance Verification/Authorization Specialist to join their team. The practice is comprised of knowledgeable staff led by highly credentialed medical and lab directors and emphasizes providing the highest-level customer service with a boutique-style patient experience.
Verifies patient demographic, insurance coverage, and billing information. Obtains authorizations or pre-certifications for scheduled procedures. Confirms medical necessity requirements are met for services. Provides patient financial counseling regarding out-of-pocket expenses and delivers self-pay quotes. Communicate with physician offices to re-direct services, as necessary.
- Verifies insurance eligibility and benefits with accurate identification of patient co-pays, deductibles, and out of pocket expenses.
- Obtains any required authorizations or pre-certifications prior to services being rendered.
- Identifies problematic payers or limited benefits and works with physician offices to re-direct services.
- Ensures medical necessity requirements are met for scheduled services.
- Contacts patients regarding out-of-pocket expenses. Delivers self-pay quotes.
- Performs other required duties in a timely, professional, and efficient manner.
High School Diploma or equivalent. Minimum two years of medical insurance verification experience required. Knowledge of surgical procedures, fertility services, and medical terminology is preferred. Able to operate common computer software systems.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $22.00 – $26.00 per hour
All patients and staff must wear a mask during the workday.
"*" indicates required fields